Hair removal treatments
Waxing is the safest and most effective longest-lasting temporary hair removal technique available. When wax is warm, it is applied to the area being treated and the hair is pulled out from the root. Hair grows back in 3 to 6 weeks. Our hair removal treatments are carried out in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
The best antidote to the pain of waxing is to try to relax. When a client is tense, the follicle closes and the wax doesn’t reach the root of the hair. Immediately after waxing, I apply gentle pressure to the area with our hands which reduces the painful feeling. The more often you get a wax treatment, the more accustomed you’ll grow to the experience.
Waxing really does make your hair grow finer over time. Because the hair is pulled from the root, it grows back less thick than when the shaft is shaved.
my aim is to ensure your waxing experience is of the highest standard. To achieve the best results we use state-of-the-art hot wax from Perron Rigot, Paris, for all intimate waxing.
These waxes don’t stick to the skin but shrink wrap the hair – meaning it is kinder and suitable for even the most sensitive people whilst still ensuring a smooth, clean finish.
1/2 Leg £15
Full Leg £22
Full arm £14
Eyebrow Shape £8
- Be prepared – if it’s your first wax, or you haven’t been recently, you should trim your hairs to about 2cm making sure to leave enough hair for the wax to hold onto. Pulling out long hairs is more painful.
- Relax – I realise that just the thought of waxing is enough to make most people sweat, but the more relaxed you are the easier it will be to pull the hair out. Take a deep breath and then lie back and think of a happy place.
To get maximum benefits from your treatments it is important to use the following aftercare advice
Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48hrs, including:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tan).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply anti-perspirant, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
To prevent ingrown hairs:
- Gently exfoliate the skin 3 times a week (72hrs after wax).
- Dry body brush daily (72hrs after wax).
- Use a deep penetrating moisturiser daily.
You may notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to follow the same growth cycle pattern. Hair needs to be at least ½cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing. Please do not shave between your appointments. To maintain your smooth appearance, waxing every 4-6 weeks is recommended.