To get maximum benefits from your treatments it is important to use the following aftercare advice
Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48hrs, including:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tan).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply anti-perspirant, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
To prevent ingrown hairs:
- Gently exfoliate the skin 3 times a week (72hrs after wax).
- Dry body brush daily (72hrs after wax).
- Use a deep penetrating moisturiser daily.
You may notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to follow the same growth cycle pattern. Hair needs to be at least ½cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing. Please do not shave between your appointments. To maintain your smooth appearance, waxing every 4-6 weeks is recommended.
To keep your nails, hands and feet looking beautiful the following is recommended:
- Do not use fingernails as tools.
- Moisturise hands and feet daily.
- Nourish cuticles with a good quality cuticle oil, twice a day.
- Use a foot file weekly to prevent hard skin build up.
- Use a basecoat to prevent staining of nails.
- Do not use metal nail files.
- Do not peel Shellac nail polish as this will weaken the nails.
- Wear gloves when gardening or washing up.
- Use acetone free nail polish remover.
Lash Extension Aftercare
To ensure your Lashes are long lasting and stay beautiful, use the following advice:
- For the first 2 hours after treatment do not allow water to contact the lashes.
- For 2 days after treatment do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water.
- Do not use waterproof mascara or mascara remover on Lashes as makeup remover will affect the bonding of the lashes. Only use water based mascara on the Lash tip.
- Do not perm lashes.
- Do not use lash curlers.
- Do not rub eyes or lashes when washing your face, always pat dry lashes after cleansing.
- An occasional short visit to the sauna is fine. However going on a daily basis may cause earlier maintenance as the lashes could prematurely fall off or tilt in a different direction from your natural lash.
For long lasting flawless results, use the following advice:
- Exfoliate the night before and moisturise paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles, and any problem areas.
- Paint nails and toenails – especially if they are acrylics or similar.
- Wax/shave at least 24hrs prior to treatment to allow pores time to close. Dotting in pores may appear if not adhered to.
- Do not moisturise or use skin lotions on the day of your tan.
- Remove make-up, deodorant, lotions, etc, before your tan.
- Do not shower or bathe for at least 8hrs (the development period).
- Do not exercise or swim during the development period.
- Try not to touch your skin during the development period.
- Moisturise day and night for a longer lasting tan.
- After day 5, exfoliate on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturiser and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous.
- Long exposure to water and sweating from exercise will fade your spray tan.